Sunday, June 14, 2009

Report: Mercy James' Father Consents to Madonna's Adoption


The father of Mercy James has reportedly consented to Madonna gaining custody of the girl after the Malawian Supreme Court approved the adoption on Friday.

"Let the child go ... My only plea to Madonna is that she should seriously look after the child," Mercy's biological father, James Kambewa, reportedly told the news agency Reuters. "I am asking Madonna to make sure that, while the child is growing, she must be informed of me as her biological father ... she really must know that while she is far away the father is still alive."

Madonna issued a statement to ET regarding the adoption of Mercy, 4, saying, "I am extremely grateful for the Supreme Court's ruling on my application to adopt Mercy James. I am ecstatic. My family and I look forward to sharing our lives with her."

No comments:

Post a Comment